April 15, 2011 Headlines: G-20 on China, US Loses Cyber Espionage Edge, Manufacturing in Minnesota, and More
Calculated Risk: The Empire State Manufacturing Survey released this morning shows continued expansion of the manufacturing sector in the NY Fed region.
Yahoo News: The G-20 will target global imbalances, or, in another word: China.
Roubini: Dr. Doom sees trouble ahead for China’s economy.
Reuters: China edges past the U.S. in cyberespionage capabilities.
ST: Manufacturing has accounted for 40% of the new jobs created in Minnesota over the past 12 months.
WaPo: Watch out, here come the BRICS.
NYT: The British tried cutting government spending, and it tanked their economy. A lesson for the U.S.?
China’s economy grew at a 9.7% clip in the first quarter.
Related recent Blogs
- Now there's an idea: Using trade policy as leverage with China • by mmcmullan • 12/11/2013
- 5 Keys to American-Made Holiday Shopping • by TGarland • 12/11/2013
- December 11, 2013: US Trade Rep has not discussed this "currency manipulation" everyone keeps talking about • by mmcmullan • 12/11/2013
- The Big Three set the stage for a manufacturing renaissance • by TGarland • 12/10/2013
- December 10, 2013: Welcome back, GM • by mmcmullan • 12/10/2013
- Pharmaceutical companies' interests are covered in the TPP -- as for everyone else? Ehh ... • by mmcmullan • 12/09/2013
- A swing and a miss for Biden in Asia • by TGarland • 12/09/2013
- December 9, 2013: China reports biggest trade surplus in five years • by TGarland • 12/09/2013
- Kickstarting a manufacturing renaissance • by TGarland • 12/06/2013
- December 6, 2013: The #AAMeter, it moves (in the right direction)! • by mmcmullan • 12/06/2013