April 12, 2011 Headlines: Trade Deficit Rises, The Budget and the Economy, and More
MW: The U.S. trade deficit stood at $45.8 billion in February, well above the forecast. The trade deficit with China was $18.8 billion.
As we reported yesterday, China runs a quarterly deficit, but it was built on imported commodities and oil (NPR). Howard Schneider has a similar take (WaPo).
WSJ: The IMF says China’s Yuan is too weak.
WSJ: Chinese investors eye real estate in the Big Apple.
WSJ: Intel to unveil a joint research center…in China.
NYT: What will the budget deal do to our economy?
MCADCafe: Manufacturing technology consumption is up this year.
Related recent Blogs
- CNBC: Is a Chinese construction firm benefiting from its Beijing connection? • by scapozzola • 05/23/2013
- May 23, 2013 Headlines: Gains in the job market, small businesses manufacturing in the U.S.A., and more. • by LRaup • 05/23/2013
- CNBC: China investing in U.S. • by scapozzola • 05/22/2013
- In Indiana, ongoing concerns about subsidized auto parts from China and Japan • by scapozzola • 05/22/2013
- RADIO: AAM's Scott Paul on Leslie Marshall Radio Show, May 20, 2013 • by scapozzola • 05/21/2013
- May 21, 2013 Headlines: Tensions with North Korea, a stronger WTO, and more. • by LRaup • 05/21/2013
- Quote of the Day from Caterpillar's Doug Oberhelman • by LDonia • 05/20/2013
- May 20, 2013 Headlines: Manufacturing & social media, growth of the U.S. economy, and more. • by LRaup • 05/20/2013
- President Obama visits Baltimore factory to promote infrastructure investment as a means of revitalizing the middle class • by LDonia • 05/17/2013
- It's Fashion Friday, but NoCargo carries more than just American-made clothing! • by LDonia • 05/17/2013