Apple opening Arizona plant: Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) Statement
Apple Inc. has announced the opening of a new plant in Mesa, Arizona, that will manufacture components for its products.
Commented Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) President Scott Paul:
"We’re happy to see that Apple is taking its domestic manufacturing initiative seriously. Despite a recent rebound, the manufacturing sector has lost roughly 5 million jobs since 2000, which is a hole we won’t dig out of without policy support from our elected officials in Washington. Still, it’s significant that one of the world’s most successful tech companies recognizes the value of making it in America. Hopefully this is the front end of a larger trend."
Related recent Blogs
- What's funding the military buildup in China? • by TGarland • 04/23/2014
- Quote Of The Day: "It's time the administration stiffened its spine" on trade issues • by mmcmullan • 04/22/2014
- Foxx takes to the road to push for transportation fixes • by mmcmullan • 04/17/2014
- Obama vs. Bush: Who actually made more progress in revaluing China’s yuan? • by scapozzola • 04/16/2014
- Treasury decision on China currency will cost U.S. jobs: Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) Statement. • by scapozzola • 04/15/2014
- Gathered in the USA • by TGarland • 04/15/2014
- OPINION: Fix the vulnerable defense industrial base • by mmcmullan • 04/14/2014
- April 14, 2014: Opinions, opinions, and Peeps • by mmcmullan • 04/14/2014
- Fashion Friday: Accessorizing the American-made way • by LRaup • 04/11/2014
- Manufacturing Jobs & #EqualPay • by LRaup • 04/11/2014