Apple Moves Toward 'Made in America': Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) Statement.
Apple's Potential Reshoring...
Apple is planning to bring back some of its production to the U.S. from China next year, according to Chief Executive Tim Cook.
Commented Scott Paul, Executive Director of the Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM):
"We’re very pleased to learn that Apple is among the growing list of major manufacturers that see the United States as an attractive location for manufacturing.
"We’re also pleased that Apple will be doing more than simply 'turning the final screws' on its products in the U.S., and is committing to use some local suppliers. But if Apple wants to avoid being labeled a 'red, white, and blue-washer,' it must show that this one line of computer manufacturing is part of a larger trend, and not an outlier.
"Apple is committing about $100 million to production in the U.S. next year, a small fraction of its revenues and market valuation. It can do better, but this is an important step in the right direction.
"The 'Made in America' label is a valuable commodity, and we’re happy Apple has discovered this."
Related recent Blogs
- March 7, 2014: Weak #MFG job growth and a big trade deficit earn Obama the saddest of trombones • by mmcmullan • 03/07/2014
- It wasn't all weather: What's behind the weak manufacturing jobs report. • by admin • 03/07/2014
- A Berry good story on American-made footwear • by mmcmullan • 03/06/2014
- White House economic adviser Gene Sperling shares words of wisdom on his way out • by TGarland • 03/05/2014
- EPI: Address currency manipulation and you address the jobs deficit • by mmcmullan • 03/05/2014
- A first look at the president's budget proposal for 2015 • by mmcmullan • 03/04/2014
- The U.S. needs a stronger domestic supply chain in the event of an attack • by TGarland • 03/04/2014
- Campaigns and political parties take note: We've got the key to attracting voters • by LDonia • 03/03/2014
- And the award goes to ... American workers • by TGarland • 03/03/2014
- March 3, 2014: Cold weather and cold Oscars pizza go together • by mmcmullan • 03/03/2014