Apple Moves Toward 'Made in America': Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) Statement.
Apple's Potential Reshoring...
Apple is planning to bring back some of its production to the U.S. from China next year, according to Chief Executive Tim Cook.
Commented Scott Paul, Executive Director of the Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM):
"We’re very pleased to learn that Apple is among the growing list of major manufacturers that see the United States as an attractive location for manufacturing.
"We’re also pleased that Apple will be doing more than simply 'turning the final screws' on its products in the U.S., and is committing to use some local suppliers. But if Apple wants to avoid being labeled a 'red, white, and blue-washer,' it must show that this one line of computer manufacturing is part of a larger trend, and not an outlier.
"Apple is committing about $100 million to production in the U.S. next year, a small fraction of its revenues and market valuation. It can do better, but this is an important step in the right direction.
"The 'Made in America' label is a valuable commodity, and we’re happy Apple has discovered this."
Related recent Blogs
- President Obama visits Baltimore factory to promote infrastructure investment as a means of revitalizing the middle class • by LDonia • 05/17/2013
- It's Fashion Friday, but NoCargo carries more than just American-made clothing! • by LDonia • 05/17/2013
- May 17, 2013 Headlines: Strengthening our national security, focusing on jobs, and more. • by LRaup • 05/17/2013
- Five reasons you should be concerned about the U.S. military's reliance on foreign manufacturers. • by LDonia • 05/16/2013
- Looking for a manufacturing job? Consider heading to one of these ten metro areas! • by mmcmullan • 05/16/2013
- National Retail Federation dismisses global safety plan for garment factories while Cambodian shoe factory collapses. • by LDonia • 05/16/2013
- OPINION: Aren't we better off buying safe, Made-in-USA products? • by scapozzola • 05/16/2013
- May 16, 2013 Headlines: factory collapses in Cambodia, U.S. retail industry dismisses plan for safer working conditions, & more • by LDonia • 05/16/2013
- U.S. Senate Passes Water Resources Development Act (WRDA) with Buy America Amendment Included. • by scapozzola • 05/15/2013
- And the crystal ball says that U.S. manufacturing is going up/down/sideways... • by scapozzola • 05/15/2013