Apple Moves Toward 'Made in America': Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) Statement.
Apple's Potential Reshoring...
Apple is planning to bring back some of its production to the U.S. from China next year, according to Chief Executive Tim Cook.
Commented Scott Paul, Executive Director of the Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM):
"We’re very pleased to learn that Apple is among the growing list of major manufacturers that see the United States as an attractive location for manufacturing.
"We’re also pleased that Apple will be doing more than simply 'turning the final screws' on its products in the U.S., and is committing to use some local suppliers. But if Apple wants to avoid being labeled a 'red, white, and blue-washer,' it must show that this one line of computer manufacturing is part of a larger trend, and not an outlier.
"Apple is committing about $100 million to production in the U.S. next year, a small fraction of its revenues and market valuation. It can do better, but this is an important step in the right direction.
"The 'Made in America' label is a valuable commodity, and we’re happy Apple has discovered this."
Related recent Blogs
- More Exports Are Nice, but Let’s Not Forget about Surging Imports • by elizabethbb • 09/02/2014
- Budweiser Made in America Festival Lives Up to Its Name • by TGarland • 09/02/2014
- Labor Day Travel a Reminder Why We Need Infrastructure Investment • by elizabethbb • 08/29/2014
- Terri Lynn Land’s Transportation Plan is… Interesting • by elizabethbb • 08/28/2014
- Made in China: “A Mistake That Will Be Hard to Turn Around For Decades” • by elizabethbb • 08/27/2014
- American Workers Remind Us What Labor Day Is All About • by TGarland • 08/26/2014
- Burger King Brouhaha Shows Tax Reform Debate Will Be Potent • by mmcmullan • 08/26/2014
- The Fourth Option: A National Manufacturing Strategy • by mmcmullan • 08/25/2014
- ITC Finds South Korean Dumping of OCTG Pipe: Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) Statement. • by scapozzola • 08/22/2014
- Trade Data Pours Cold Water on "Rising Star" Outlook for American Manufacturing • by mmcmullan • 08/21/2014