Another field report from Wisconsin
AAM Field Coordinator Rachel Bennett Steury reports from Wausau, Wisconsin..
AAM Field Coordinators Meghan McKeefry and Rachel Bennett Steury spent some quality time at the Wausau VFW last night trying their luck on Bingo and talking with local folks about manufacturing jobs. Dee and Kathy welcomed us in and gave us a few minutes to address the Bingo enthusiasts before the games began. A great surprise we noticed as we began to play was that not only were the bingo boards printed in the USA, but the ink daubers were also made domestically, right in Bristol Pennsylvania.
The VFW hosts many great events and we were lucky to have participated in such a lively game of chance. We didn’t win any money but we won tons of support from the crowd for creating and sustaining manufacturing jobs.
Come join us and some of our new VFW friends at the Wausau town hall today at 5pm at Stoney Creek Inn in Rothschild, Wisconsin.
Related recent Blogs
- Kickstarting a manufacturing renaissance • by TGarland • 12/06/2013
- December 6, 2013: The #AAMeter, it moves (in the right direction)! • by mmcmullan • 12/06/2013
- U.S. Manufacturing Gains 27,000 Jobs in November: Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) Statement. • by scapozzola • 12/06/2013
- Indiana manufacturing program expands • by TGarland • 12/05/2013
- Scott Paul: Keep skilled jobs for skilled workers in Washington • by mmcmullan • 12/05/2013
- December 5, 2013: Another voice for a currency rule in the TPP • by mmcmullan • 12/05/2013
- Some Made in America gift ideas for the obnoxious teenager in your life • by LDonia • 12/04/2013
- A bad time to sideline trade talks • by mmcmullan • 12/04/2013
- Infrastructure investment means job creation • by TGarland • 12/04/2013
- December 4, 2013: Familiar trade deficit doldrums • by mmcmullan • 12/04/2013