The American Small Manufacturers Coalition lends support to the Currency Reform for Fair Trade Act
The American Small Manufacturers Coalition (ASMC) recently endorsed the Currency Reform for Fair Trade Act (H.R. 639/S. 1619). The ASMC joins a growing list of manufacturing groups and other organizations as well as 200 Members of Congress who support this bill, which would hold China accountable for its market-distorting, job-killing currency manipulation.
The Currency Reform Fair Trade Act would impose reasonable penalties to level the playing field when our trading partners manipulate their currency. This bill could create up to 2.25 million jobs and would reduce the budget deficit by up to $71.4 billion each year.
Related recent Blogs
- Shoring up our security means addressing the China challenge • by mmcmullan • 05/20/2013
- Quote of the Day from Caterpillar's Doug Oberhelman • by LDonia • 05/20/2013
- May 20, 2013 Headlines: Manufacturing & social media, growth of the U.S. economy, and more. • by LRaup • 05/20/2013
- President Obama visits Baltimore factory to promote infrastructure investment as a means of revitalizing the middle class • by LDonia • 05/17/2013
- Five reasons you should be concerned about the U.S. military's reliance on foreign manufacturers. • by LDonia • 05/16/2013
- Looking for a manufacturing job? Consider heading to one of these ten metro areas! • by mmcmullan • 05/16/2013
- National Retail Federation dismisses global safety plan for garment factories while Cambodian shoe factory collapses. • by LDonia • 05/16/2013
- OPINION: Aren't we better off buying safe, Made-in-USA products? • by scapozzola • 05/16/2013
- May 16, 2013 Headlines: factory collapses in Cambodia, U.S. retail industry dismisses plan for safer working conditions, & more • by LDonia • 05/16/2013
- U.S. Senate Passes Water Resources Development Act (WRDA) with Buy America Amendment Included. • by scapozzola • 05/15/2013