The American Small Manufacturers Coalition lends support to the Currency Reform for Fair Trade Act
The American Small Manufacturers Coalition (ASMC) recently endorsed the Currency Reform for Fair Trade Act (H.R. 639/S. 1619). The ASMC joins a growing list of manufacturing groups and other organizations as well as 200 Members of Congress who support this bill, which would hold China accountable for its market-distorting, job-killing currency manipulation.
The Currency Reform Fair Trade Act would impose reasonable penalties to level the playing field when our trading partners manipulate their currency. This bill could create up to 2.25 million jobs and would reduce the budget deficit by up to $71.4 billion each year.
Related recent Blogs
- Indiana manufacturing program expands • by TGarland • 12/05/2013
- Scott Paul: Keep skilled jobs for skilled workers in Washington • by mmcmullan • 12/05/2013
- A bad time to sideline trade talks • by mmcmullan • 12/04/2013
- Infrastructure investment means job creation • by TGarland • 12/04/2013
- China trade deficit on pace for new record, but will anyone notice? Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) Statement. • by scapozzola • 12/04/2013
- What to do with abandoned factories? Bring in the artists! • by LDonia • 12/03/2013
- Surprise, surprise? Americans still say job creation should be top priority • by mmcmullan • 12/03/2013
- Fmr. Transportaion Secretary Ray LaHood urges infrastructure investment • by TGarland • 12/02/2013
- The Computer Wore Heels: Check out "Top Secret Rosies" • by mmcmullan • 12/02/2013
- The Veep heads to Asia, while Michigan Democrats and automakers press the "currency issue" in TPP talks • by TGarland • 11/27/2013