American Manufacturing's Downfall--Where Do We Go From Here?
History repeats itself, and right now, the United States might want to learn a lesson or two from Rome--and Germany.
We are without a doubt in an economic and, more specifically, manufacturing crisis, but Reuters reporter Nick Carey takes this notion a step further and asks, "Is America the sick man of the globe?" Are we?
Carey offers a widespread and very eye-opening look at the state of American manufacturing today, and suggests we take a few pointers from Germany's manufacturing strategy. He also explore the ripple effect that the loss of manufacturing has on entire communities, our ever-growing debt and excessive consumerism, and "structural" unemployment.
Carey hits on all of the points that are necessary for a manufacturing strategy that will drag the U.S. economy out of its current dire circumstances and back on the right track. America may be the sick man of the globe, but its up to Congress, businesses and the American consumer to nurse it back to health.
Related recent Blogs
- VIDEO: Concerns about America's defense industrial base • by scapozzola • 05/22/2013
- CNBC: China investing in U.S. • by scapozzola • 05/22/2013
- In Indiana, ongoing concerns about subsidized auto parts from China and Japan • by scapozzola • 05/22/2013
- RADIO: AAM's Scott Paul on Leslie Marshall Radio Show, May 20, 2013 • by scapozzola • 05/21/2013
- May 21, 2013 Headlines: Tensions with North Korea, a stronger WTO, and more. • by LRaup • 05/21/2013
- Shoring up our security means addressing the China challenge • by mmcmullan • 05/20/2013
- Quote of the Day from Caterpillar's Doug Oberhelman • by LDonia • 05/20/2013
- May 20, 2013 Headlines: Manufacturing & social media, growth of the U.S. economy, and more. • by LRaup • 05/20/2013
- President Obama visits Baltimore factory to promote infrastructure investment as a means of revitalizing the middle class • by LDonia • 05/17/2013
- It's Fashion Friday, but NoCargo carries more than just American-made clothing! • by LDonia • 05/17/2013