American-made hiking apparel
Cool weather often means time spent outdoors. If you're gearing up for some autumn hikes, why not make sure your apparel is made in America?
Here are some companies making outdoor attire in the United States. You can see samples of their products in the image above.
1.) The men's and women's jackets pictured were manufactured by Akwa. While the company's website does not specify the state where clothes are manufactured, it does reiterate the company's commitment to producing its products domestically.
2.) Wintergreen Northern Wear, a 25-year-old company, makes both men's and women's pants in Ely, MN.
3.) The socks were made by Darn Tough, a 30-year-old company in Northfield, VT.
4.) Portland, OR-based Danner made the boots (intended for wear by both men and women).
5.) The backpack was manufactured by Equinox in Williamsport, PA.
Related recent Blogs
- Quote of the Day from Caterpillar's Doug Oberhelman • by LDonia • 05/20/2013
- May 20, 2013 Headlines: Manufacturing & social media, growth of the U.S. economy, and more. • by LRaup • 05/20/2013
- President Obama visits Baltimore factory to promote infrastructure investment as a means of revitalizing the middle class • by LDonia • 05/17/2013
- It's Fashion Friday, but NoCargo carries more than just American-made clothing! • by LDonia • 05/17/2013
- May 17, 2013 Headlines: Strengthening our national security, focusing on jobs, and more. • by LRaup • 05/17/2013
- Five reasons you should be concerned about the U.S. military's reliance on foreign manufacturers. • by LDonia • 05/16/2013
- Looking for a manufacturing job? Consider heading to one of these ten metro areas! • by mmcmullan • 05/16/2013
- National Retail Federation dismisses global safety plan for garment factories while Cambodian shoe factory collapses. • by LDonia • 05/16/2013
- OPINION: Aren't we better off buying safe, Made-in-USA products? • by scapozzola • 05/16/2013
- May 16, 2013 Headlines: factory collapses in Cambodia, U.S. retail industry dismisses plan for safer working conditions, & more • by LDonia • 05/16/2013