American-made hiking apparel
Cool weather often means time spent outdoors. If you're gearing up for some autumn hikes, why not make sure your apparel is made in America?
Here are some companies making outdoor attire in the United States. You can see samples of their products in the image above.
1.) The men's and women's jackets pictured were manufactured by Akwa. While the company's website does not specify the state where clothes are manufactured, it does reiterate the company's commitment to producing its products domestically.
2.) Wintergreen Northern Wear, a 25-year-old company, makes both men's and women's pants in Ely, MN.
3.) The socks were made by Darn Tough, a 30-year-old company in Northfield, VT.
4.) Portland, OR-based Danner made the boots (intended for wear by both men and women).
5.) The backpack was manufactured by Equinox in Williamsport, PA.
Related recent Blogs
- U.S. Named Among “Rising Global Stars” in Manufacturing • by elizabethbb • 08/20/2014
- Yes, Manufacturing Jobs Are Coming Back. But Will Progress Happen Fast Enough? • by elizabethbb • 08/18/2014
- No Electricity Needed for Corter Leather & Cloth • by elizabethbb • 08/15/2014
- Five Tests Walmart Must Pass to Show its 'Made In America' Street Cred • by spaul • 08/13/2014
- More Evidence the "Jobs Recovery" Isn’t All It’s Cracked Up to Be • by elizabethbb • 08/12/2014
- More Work to Do, Indeed • by elizabethbb • 08/11/2014
- August 11, 2014: Chinese Textile Manufacturing ... in the Carolinas • by mmcmullan • 08/11/2014
- Maury’s clothing line: “Made in America, without compromise.” • by mmcmullan • 08/08/2014
- August 8, 2014: Maury is a close second to trade data in our book • by mmcmullan • 08/08/2014
- No, Technology Isn’t an Automatic Job Killer • by elizabethbb • 08/07/2014