American-made hiking apparel
Cool weather often means time spent outdoors. If you're gearing up for some autumn hikes, why not make sure your apparel is made in America?
Here are some companies making outdoor attire in the United States. You can see samples of their products in the image above.
1.) The men's and women's jackets pictured were manufactured by Akwa. While the company's website does not specify the state where clothes are manufactured, it does reiterate the company's commitment to producing its products domestically.
2.) Wintergreen Northern Wear, a 25-year-old company, makes both men's and women's pants in Ely, MN.
3.) The socks were made by Darn Tough, a 30-year-old company in Northfield, VT.
4.) Portland, OR-based Danner made the boots (intended for wear by both men and women).
5.) The backpack was manufactured by Equinox in Williamsport, PA.
Related recent Blogs
- What good's a trade agreement if you don't enforce the on-the-books trade rules? • by mmcmullan • 03/11/2014
- A National Manufacturing Strategy could be the "be all, end all" for depressed wages • by LRaup • 03/11/2014
- A Boy Scout badge in advanced manufacturing? • by TGarland • 03/10/2014
- March 10, 2014: Making moves for manufacturing • by mmcmullan • 03/10/2014
- Donald Trump addresses CPAC crowds on key AAM issues • by LRaup • 03/07/2014
- March 7, 2014: Weak #MFG job growth and a big trade deficit earn Obama the saddest of trombones • by mmcmullan • 03/07/2014
- It wasn't all weather: What's behind the weak manufacturing jobs report. • by admin • 03/07/2014
- A Berry good story on American-made footwear • by mmcmullan • 03/06/2014
- White House economic adviser Gene Sperling shares words of wisdom on his way out • by TGarland • 03/05/2014
- EPI: Address currency manipulation and you address the jobs deficit • by mmcmullan • 03/05/2014