American-made hiking apparel
Cool weather often means time spent outdoors. If you're gearing up for some autumn hikes, why not make sure your apparel is made in America?
Here are some companies making outdoor attire in the United States. You can see samples of their products in the image above.
1.) The men's and women's jackets pictured were manufactured by Akwa. While the company's website does not specify the state where clothes are manufactured, it does reiterate the company's commitment to producing its products domestically.
2.) Wintergreen Northern Wear, a 25-year-old company, makes both men's and women's pants in Ely, MN.
3.) The socks were made by Darn Tough, a 30-year-old company in Northfield, VT.
4.) Portland, OR-based Danner made the boots (intended for wear by both men and women).
5.) The backpack was manufactured by Equinox in Williamsport, PA.
Related recent Blogs
- Kickstarting a manufacturing renaissance • by TGarland • 12/06/2013
- December 6, 2013: The #AAMeter, it moves (in the right direction)! • by mmcmullan • 12/06/2013
- U.S. Manufacturing Gains 27,000 Jobs in November: Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) Statement. • by scapozzola • 12/06/2013
- Indiana manufacturing program expands • by TGarland • 12/05/2013
- Scott Paul: Keep skilled jobs for skilled workers in Washington • by mmcmullan • 12/05/2013
- December 5, 2013: Another voice for a currency rule in the TPP • by mmcmullan • 12/05/2013
- Some Made in America gift ideas for the obnoxious teenager in your life • by LDonia • 12/04/2013
- Infrastructure investment means job creation • by TGarland • 12/04/2013
- December 4, 2013: Familiar trade deficit doldrums • by mmcmullan • 12/04/2013
- What to do with abandoned factories? Bring in the artists! • by LDonia • 12/03/2013