American-made gifts: U.S. Bones
To date, all of our gift suggestions have been intended for people, but no worries, we know many of you buy gifts for your pet as well.
A good place to find American-made pet gifts is U.S. Bones.
This site is unique because it also raises charitable donations. At the top of the main page you'll see an option to select a partner group. You can choose an animal shelter or rescue group from the list (and there are many) provided. Then, 25% of the value of your order will be donated to that organization.
While U.S. Bones was initially created to sell the Canine Butcher Shop brand of dog treats, the site has expanded to include other pet products, mostly made in the United States, with a few made in Canada (be sure to shop carefully).
U.S. Bones carries a variety of treats, supplements, food, and grooming implements for your pet. See those here.
This is day twenty-seven of the Alliance for American Manufacturing's (AAM) series of American-made gift idea posts.
Day One - Cicada Leather Company
Day Two - Field Notes
Day Three - Faribault Woolen Mill
Day Four - Artifact Bag Co.
Day Five - Jacob Bromwell
Day Six - Vermont Flannel
Day Seven - Freeman Sporting Club
Day Eight - Hero Bag
Day Nine - the Holiday Card Website
Day Ten - Night Owl Paper Goods
Day Eleven - Hospitality Frames
Day Twelve - Bigelow Tea & Emerson Creek Pottery
Day Thirteen - American Made Dorm & Home
Day Fourteen - Potting Shed Creations
Day Fifteen - Felion Studios
Day Sixteen - Freeride Systems
Day Seventeen - Wintergreen Northern Wear
Day Eighteen - VPI Industries
Day Nineteen - Children's toys
Day Twenty - Adirondack Chairs
Day Twenty-one - WallCandy Arts
Day Twenty-two-Twenty-five - Skincare products
Day Twenty-six - Sophia and Chloé
Related recent Blogs
- U.S. Named Among “Rising Global Stars” in Manufacturing • by elizabethbb • 08/20/2014
- Yes, Manufacturing Jobs Are Coming Back. But Will Progress Happen Fast Enough? • by elizabethbb • 08/18/2014
- No Electricity Needed for Corter Leather & Cloth • by elizabethbb • 08/15/2014
- Five Tests Walmart Must Pass to Show its 'Made In America' Street Cred • by spaul • 08/13/2014
- More Evidence the "Jobs Recovery" Isn’t All It’s Cracked Up to Be • by elizabethbb • 08/12/2014
- More Work to Do, Indeed • by elizabethbb • 08/11/2014
- August 11, 2014: Chinese Textile Manufacturing ... in the Carolinas • by mmcmullan • 08/11/2014
- Maury’s clothing line: “Made in America, without compromise.” • by mmcmullan • 08/08/2014
- August 8, 2014: Maury is a close second to trade data in our book • by mmcmullan • 08/08/2014
- No, Technology Isn’t an Automatic Job Killer • by elizabethbb • 08/07/2014