American Leather-- More than 20 years of furniture manufacturing in the U.S.
American Leather was founded in 1990 and has been manufacturing custom leather furniture that is made and shipped in three weeks or less.
The secret to the company's success? “Just-in-time” manufacturing.
From a four-person shop, the company has grown into a thriving leader in the furniture industry, with over 130 different collections sold in over 650 stores, including Room and Board, Crate and Barrel, Macy’s, Design Within Reach, and Relax the Back.
American Leather's factory, based just outside of Dallas, Texas, still makes furniture in just three weeks or less, a delivery standard that’s three times faster than the industry average. Mass customization has helped make American Leather a leading automated leather furniture manufacturer.
Related recent Blogs
- Faribault Woolen Mill Thriving in its Third Century of Business • by elizabethbb • 08/01/2014
- August 1, 2014: The Rare, Solid Manufacturing Jobs Report • by mmcmullan • 08/01/2014
- Manufacturing sector adds 28,000 jobs in July: Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) statement. • by scapozzola • 08/01/2014
- New "Gigafactory" set to create thousands of jobs in the U.S. • by TGarland • 07/31/2014
- Congress Still Hasn't Made a Fix to the Highway Trust Fund • by mmcmullan • 07/30/2014
- UCLA Flood: A Real Life of Example of What Happens When We Ignore Our Infrastructure • by elizabethbb • 07/30/2014
- Candidate Watch: We Need a Few More Details, Terri Lynn Land • by elizabethbb • 07/29/2014
- Fact Check: Standing Up Against Unfair Trade, Kentucky Edition • by TGarland • 07/25/2014
- Strengthened Workforce Training is Great — and We Can Do More • by elizabethbb • 07/23/2014
- Americans Want Trade Agreements that Do Not Undermine Manufacturing Jobs, New Poll Finds • by TGarland • 07/23/2014