American Leather-- More than 20 years of furniture manufacturing in the U.S.
American Leather was founded in 1990 and has been manufacturing custom leather furniture that is made and shipped in three weeks or less.
The secret to the company's success? “Just-in-time” manufacturing.
From a four-person shop, the company has grown into a thriving leader in the furniture industry, with over 130 different collections sold in over 650 stores, including Room and Board, Crate and Barrel, Macy’s, Design Within Reach, and Relax the Back.
American Leather's factory, based just outside of Dallas, Texas, still makes furniture in just three weeks or less, a delivery standard that’s three times faster than the industry average. Mass customization has helped make American Leather a leading automated leather furniture manufacturer.
Related recent Blogs
- U.S. Named Among “Rising Global Stars” in Manufacturing • by elizabethbb • 08/20/2014
- If America Won’t Invest in America’s Infrastructure, China Will • by elizabethbb • 08/19/2014
- Yes, Manufacturing Jobs Are Coming Back. But Will Progress Happen Fast Enough? • by elizabethbb • 08/18/2014
- No Electricity Needed for Corter Leather & Cloth • by elizabethbb • 08/15/2014
- Improving Our Railways: A Key Part of Rebuilding America • by elizabethbb • 08/14/2014
- Five Tests Walmart Must Pass to Show its 'Made In America' Street Cred • by spaul • 08/13/2014
- More Evidence the "Jobs Recovery" Isn’t All It’s Cracked Up to Be • by elizabethbb • 08/12/2014
- More Work to Do, Indeed • by elizabethbb • 08/11/2014
- August 11, 2014: Chinese Textile Manufacturing ... in the Carolinas • by mmcmullan • 08/11/2014
- Maury’s clothing line: “Made in America, without compromise.” • by mmcmullan • 08/08/2014