American Leather-- More than 20 years of furniture manufacturing in the U.S.
American Leather was founded in 1990 and has been manufacturing custom leather furniture that is made and shipped in three weeks or less.
The secret to the company's success? “Just-in-time” manufacturing.
From a four-person shop, the company has grown into a thriving leader in the furniture industry, with over 130 different collections sold in over 650 stores, including Room and Board, Crate and Barrel, Macy’s, Design Within Reach, and Relax the Back.
American Leather's factory, based just outside of Dallas, Texas, still makes furniture in just three weeks or less, a delivery standard that’s three times faster than the industry average. Mass customization has helped make American Leather a leading automated leather furniture manufacturer.
Related recent Blogs
- Foxx takes to the road to push for transportation fixes • by mmcmullan • 04/17/2014
- Obama vs. Bush: Who actually made more progress in revaluing China’s yuan? • by scapozzola • 04/16/2014
- Treasury decision on China currency will cost U.S. jobs: Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) Statement. • by scapozzola • 04/15/2014
- Gathered in the USA • by TGarland • 04/15/2014
- OPINION: Fix the vulnerable defense industrial base • by mmcmullan • 04/14/2014
- April 14, 2014: Opinions, opinions, and Peeps • by mmcmullan • 04/14/2014
- Fashion Friday: Accessorizing the American-made way • by LRaup • 04/11/2014
- Manufacturing Jobs & #EqualPay • by LRaup • 04/11/2014
- April 11, 2014: Cherry blossoms! • by mmcmullan • 04/11/2014
- Rep. Sandy Levin talks currency and the TPP • by mmcmullan • 04/10/2014