American jobs to be created from new U.S. – Canada bridge
People’s World reports that the New International Trade Crossing (NITC) bridge between teh U.S. and Canada will generate nearly 10,000 new jobs in the United States while helping to improve multi-billion-dollar annual trade between Michigan and Canada.
Michigan Governor Rick Snyder (R-MI) has shown his support for joint use of American and Canadian steel. "This agreement is about more than building a bridge," People’s World quoted Snyder as saying. "It's about building a future of economic strength and security for families across our entire state.”
Throughout the development, construction, and operation of the NITC, thousands of short- and long-term jobs will be created and sustained.
This piece was written by AAM Intern Leigh Raup.
Related recent Blogs
- John Porcari, DOT Buy America champion, is stepping down • by mmcmullan • 12/12/2013
- December 12, 2013: Uh, an economic boom? • by mmcmullan • 12/12/2013
- #ShopAmerica: Health and Beauty gift ideas • by LDonia • 12/11/2013
- Now there's an idea: Using trade policy as leverage with China • by mmcmullan • 12/11/2013
- 5 Keys to American-Made Holiday Shopping • by TGarland • 12/11/2013
- December 11, 2013: US Trade Rep has not discussed this "currency manipulation" everyone keeps talking about • by mmcmullan • 12/11/2013
- The Big Three set the stage for a manufacturing renaissance • by TGarland • 12/10/2013
- December 10, 2013: Welcome back, GM • by mmcmullan • 12/10/2013
- Pharmaceutical companies' interests are covered in the TPP -- as for everyone else? Ehh ... • by mmcmullan • 12/09/2013
- A swing and a miss for Biden in Asia • by TGarland • 12/09/2013