Alliance for American Manufacturing Responds to 'State of the Union'
Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) Executive Director Scott Paul gave the following statement regarding this evening's 'State of the Union' speech:
"We welcome the President's focus on innovation, infrastructure, and education, as well as his commitment to win the jobs of the future.
"This is, indeed a new Sputnik moment for America, as we have argued. But 50 years ago, America had a trade surplus, a healthy manufacturing base, and virtually no global business competition. Our challenge today is as much about rebuilding as it is about innovating.
"Most blue collar Americans want to hear about how secure their jobs are, or how they can find good work. President Obama still needs to make that case.
"We look forward to working with the Administration and Congress to pass a 'Made in America' plan that will secure good manufacturing jobs now and in the future."
Click here to read Scott Paul's recent letter to President Obama outlining key points of a national manufacturing strategy.
Related recent Blogs
- VIDEO: Concerns about America's defense industrial base • by scapozzola • 05/22/2013
- CNBC: China investing in U.S. • by scapozzola • 05/22/2013
- In Indiana, ongoing concerns about subsidized auto parts from China and Japan • by scapozzola • 05/22/2013
- RADIO: AAM's Scott Paul on Leslie Marshall Radio Show, May 20, 2013 • by scapozzola • 05/21/2013
- May 21, 2013 Headlines: Tensions with North Korea, a stronger WTO, and more. • by LRaup • 05/21/2013
- Shoring up our security means addressing the China challenge • by mmcmullan • 05/20/2013
- Quote of the Day from Caterpillar's Doug Oberhelman • by LDonia • 05/20/2013
- May 20, 2013 Headlines: Manufacturing & social media, growth of the U.S. economy, and more. • by LRaup • 05/20/2013
- President Obama visits Baltimore factory to promote infrastructure investment as a means of revitalizing the middle class • by LDonia • 05/17/2013
- It's Fashion Friday, but NoCargo carries more than just American-made clothing! • by LDonia • 05/17/2013