The Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) opens its new, Made-in-USA headquarters.
In December 2012, the Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) moved into a new two-story headquarters in downtown Washington, DC NW.
AAM's new "hipster industrial" headquarters offers something unique in the corporate workplace: Almost all of the office supplies and infrastructure were manufactured in the U.S.
AAM President Scott Paul said that the goal was to show how easy it could be to outfit an office with American-made products. As a result, the products in the new office come from 23 states and 40 companies. These include such diverse equipment as a microwave, dishwasher, trash cans, light switches, floors, chairs, and furniture.
Some specific examples:
- The office’s energy star refrigerator was made in by Whirlpool in Iowa.
- The Benjamin Moore paint on the walls comes from New Jersey.
- The Pella windows are from Ohio.
- The InSinkErator garbage disposal is from Wisconsin.
Click here for an infographic map that details exactly where AAM sourced their purchases.
And click here to read articles on the new office from National Journal, The Washington City Paper, and Penn Quarter Living.
Related recent Blogs
- President Obama visits Baltimore factory to promote infrastructure investment as a means of revitalizing the middle class • by LDonia • 05/17/2013
- It's Fashion Friday, but NoCargo carries more than just American-made clothing! • by LDonia • 05/17/2013
- May 17, 2013 Headlines: Strengthening our national security, focusing on jobs, and more. • by LRaup • 05/17/2013
- Five reasons you should be concerned about the U.S. military's reliance on foreign manufacturers. • by LDonia • 05/16/2013
- Looking for a manufacturing job? Consider heading to one of these ten metro areas! • by mmcmullan • 05/16/2013
- National Retail Federation dismisses global safety plan for garment factories while Cambodian shoe factory collapses. • by LDonia • 05/16/2013
- OPINION: Aren't we better off buying safe, Made-in-USA products? • by scapozzola • 05/16/2013
- May 16, 2013 Headlines: factory collapses in Cambodia, U.S. retail industry dismisses plan for safer working conditions, & more • by LDonia • 05/16/2013
- U.S. Senate Passes Water Resources Development Act (WRDA) with Buy America Amendment Included. • by scapozzola • 05/15/2013
- And the crystal ball says that U.S. manufacturing is going up/down/sideways... • by scapozzola • 05/15/2013