The Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) opens its new, Made-in-USA headquarters.
In December 2012, the Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) moved into a new two-story headquarters in downtown Washington, DC NW.
AAM's new "hipster industrial" headquarters offers something unique in the corporate workplace: Almost all of the office supplies and infrastructure were manufactured in the U.S.
AAM President Scott Paul said that the goal was to show how easy it could be to outfit an office with American-made products. As a result, the products in the new office come from 23 states and 40 companies. These include such diverse equipment as a microwave, dishwasher, trash cans, light switches, floors, chairs, and furniture.
Some specific examples:
- The office’s energy star refrigerator was made in by Whirlpool in Iowa.
- The Benjamin Moore paint on the walls comes from New Jersey.
- The Pella windows are from Ohio.
- The InSinkErator garbage disposal is from Wisconsin.
Click here for an infographic map that details exactly where AAM sourced their purchases.
And click here to read articles on the new office from National Journal, The Washington City Paper, and Penn Quarter Living.
Related recent Blogs
- Fact Check: Standing Up Against Unfair Trade, Kentucky Edition • by TGarland • 07/25/2014
- Strengthened Workforce Training is Great — and We Can Do More • by elizabethbb • 07/23/2014
- Americans Want Trade Agreements that Do Not Undermine Manufacturing Jobs, New Poll Finds • by TGarland • 07/23/2014
- Highlights from AAM's Trip to Detroit for Netroots Nation 2014 • by elizabethbb • 07/23/2014
- Toxic Fast Food: Just the Latest Scandal Involving Made-in-China Products. • by elizabethbb • 07/22/2014
- Drink Up with a Made in America Tervis Tumbler • by elizabethbb • 07/21/2014
- Foxx Calls on Congress to Pass Long-Term Fix to the Highway Trust Fund • by TGarland • 07/21/2014
- Back From Detroit, Eyes on Washington • by elizabethbb • 07/21/2014
- So Excellent, So Bodacious: Check Out Some American-made Smartphone Style • by mmcmullan • 07/18/2014
- President Obama proposes public-private infrastructure initiative: Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) statement. • by scapozzola • 07/17/2014