Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) comment on President Obama's jobs speech at ArcelorMittal, Cleveland today.
Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) President Scott Paul attended President Obama’s speech this afternoon at ArcelorMittal, Cleveland. He commented:
“Revitalizing American manufacturing is the best way to strengthen our middle class. The president clearly understands this. And while there are many distractions in Washington today, a jobs agenda shouldn’t be caught in the crossfire.
“There’s a lot that Congress can and should be doing to support manufacturing job creation. The president outlined a number of these proposals today, such as increasing the number of manufacturing innovation hubs, investing in vocational education, and enhancing industrial energy efficiency.
“The setting for his speech couldn’t have been better. The ArcelorMittal plant is highly productive and its steelworker workforce makes this possible.
“I hope the president can take this message all across the country. He offered a bold vision for growing 1 million manufacturing jobs during the last campaign. It’s going to take a lot of work to move us toward that goal. We look forward to working with the Administration and Congress on a pro-manufacturing agenda.”
Related recent Blogs
- March 7, 2014: Weak #MFG job growth and a big trade deficit earn Obama the saddest of trombones • by mmcmullan • 03/07/2014
- It wasn't all weather: What's behind the weak manufacturing jobs report. • by admin • 03/07/2014
- A Berry good story on American-made footwear • by mmcmullan • 03/06/2014
- White House economic adviser Gene Sperling shares words of wisdom on his way out • by TGarland • 03/05/2014
- EPI: Address currency manipulation and you address the jobs deficit • by mmcmullan • 03/05/2014
- A first look at the president's budget proposal for 2015 • by mmcmullan • 03/04/2014
- The U.S. needs a stronger domestic supply chain in the event of an attack • by TGarland • 03/04/2014
- Campaigns and political parties take note: We've got the key to attracting voters • by LDonia • 03/03/2014
- And the award goes to ... American workers • by TGarland • 03/03/2014
- March 3, 2014: Cold weather and cold Oscars pizza go together • by mmcmullan • 03/03/2014