Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) comment on President Obama's jobs speech at ArcelorMittal, Cleveland today.
Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) President Scott Paul attended President Obama’s speech this afternoon at ArcelorMittal, Cleveland. He commented:
“Revitalizing American manufacturing is the best way to strengthen our middle class. The president clearly understands this. And while there are many distractions in Washington today, a jobs agenda shouldn’t be caught in the crossfire.
“There’s a lot that Congress can and should be doing to support manufacturing job creation. The president outlined a number of these proposals today, such as increasing the number of manufacturing innovation hubs, investing in vocational education, and enhancing industrial energy efficiency.
“The setting for his speech couldn’t have been better. The ArcelorMittal plant is highly productive and its steelworker workforce makes this possible.
“I hope the president can take this message all across the country. He offered a bold vision for growing 1 million manufacturing jobs during the last campaign. It’s going to take a lot of work to move us toward that goal. We look forward to working with the Administration and Congress on a pro-manufacturing agenda.”
Related recent Blogs
- Drink Up with a Made in America Tervis Tumbler • by elizabethbb • 07/21/2014
- Foxx Calls on Congress to Pass Long-Term Fix to the Highway Trust Fund • by TGarland • 07/21/2014
- Back From Detroit, Eyes on Washington • by elizabethbb • 07/21/2014
- So Excellent, So Bodacious: Check Out Some American-made Smartphone Style • by mmcmullan • 07/18/2014
- President Obama proposes public-private infrastructure initiative: Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) statement. • by scapozzola • 07/17/2014
- We’re Live From Netroots Nation! • by elizabethbb • 07/17/2014
- So Much For Promises: China's Manipulating Its Currency, Again • by mmcmullan • 07/17/2014
- The OCTG Trade Case Heads to the International Trade Commission • by TGarland • 07/16/2014
- Postcard from Iowa: AAM Field Coordinators Hop The Fence, Hang With Democrats • by mmcmullan • 07/16/2014
- Yellen: Infrastructure Funding Would "Counter" Economic Headwinds • by elizabethbb • 07/15/2014