Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) comment on President Obama's jobs speech at ArcelorMittal, Cleveland today.
Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) President Scott Paul attended President Obama’s speech this afternoon at ArcelorMittal, Cleveland. He commented:
“Revitalizing American manufacturing is the best way to strengthen our middle class. The president clearly understands this. And while there are many distractions in Washington today, a jobs agenda shouldn’t be caught in the crossfire.
“There’s a lot that Congress can and should be doing to support manufacturing job creation. The president outlined a number of these proposals today, such as increasing the number of manufacturing innovation hubs, investing in vocational education, and enhancing industrial energy efficiency.
“The setting for his speech couldn’t have been better. The ArcelorMittal plant is highly productive and its steelworker workforce makes this possible.
“I hope the president can take this message all across the country. He offered a bold vision for growing 1 million manufacturing jobs during the last campaign. It’s going to take a lot of work to move us toward that goal. We look forward to working with the Administration and Congress on a pro-manufacturing agenda.”
Related recent Blogs
- If America Won’t Invest in America’s Infrastructure, China Will • by elizabethbb • 08/19/2014
- Yes, Manufacturing Jobs Are Coming Back. But Will Progress Happen Fast Enough? • by elizabethbb • 08/18/2014
- No Electricity Needed for Corter Leather & Cloth • by elizabethbb • 08/15/2014
- Improving Our Railways: A Key Part of Rebuilding America • by elizabethbb • 08/14/2014
- Five Tests Walmart Must Pass to Show its 'Made In America' Street Cred • by spaul • 08/13/2014
- More Evidence the "Jobs Recovery" Isn’t All It’s Cracked Up to Be • by elizabethbb • 08/12/2014
- More Work to Do, Indeed • by elizabethbb • 08/11/2014
- August 11, 2014: Chinese Textile Manufacturing ... in the Carolinas • by mmcmullan • 08/11/2014
- Maury’s clothing line: “Made in America, without compromise.” • by mmcmullan • 08/08/2014
- August 8, 2014: Maury is a close second to trade data in our book • by mmcmullan • 08/08/2014