Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) comment on President Obama's jobs speech at ArcelorMittal, Cleveland today.
Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) President Scott Paul attended President Obama’s speech this afternoon at ArcelorMittal, Cleveland. He commented:
“Revitalizing American manufacturing is the best way to strengthen our middle class. The president clearly understands this. And while there are many distractions in Washington today, a jobs agenda shouldn’t be caught in the crossfire.
“There’s a lot that Congress can and should be doing to support manufacturing job creation. The president outlined a number of these proposals today, such as increasing the number of manufacturing innovation hubs, investing in vocational education, and enhancing industrial energy efficiency.
“The setting for his speech couldn’t have been better. The ArcelorMittal plant is highly productive and its steelworker workforce makes this possible.
“I hope the president can take this message all across the country. He offered a bold vision for growing 1 million manufacturing jobs during the last campaign. It’s going to take a lot of work to move us toward that goal. We look forward to working with the Administration and Congress on a pro-manufacturing agenda.”
Related recent Blogs
- New "Gigafactory" set to create thousands of jobs in the U.S. • by TGarland • 07/31/2014
- Congress Still Hasn't Made a Fix to the Highway Trust Fund • by mmcmullan • 07/30/2014
- UCLA Flood: A Real Life of Example of What Happens When We Ignore Our Infrastructure • by elizabethbb • 07/30/2014
- Candidate Watch: We Need a Few More Details, Terri Lynn Land • by elizabethbb • 07/29/2014
- Fact Check: Standing Up Against Unfair Trade, Kentucky Edition • by TGarland • 07/25/2014
- Strengthened Workforce Training is Great — and We Can Do More • by elizabethbb • 07/23/2014
- Americans Want Trade Agreements that Do Not Undermine Manufacturing Jobs, New Poll Finds • by TGarland • 07/23/2014
- Highlights from AAM's Trip to Detroit for Netroots Nation 2014 • by elizabethbb • 07/23/2014
- Toxic Fast Food: Just the Latest Scandal Involving Made-in-China Products. • by elizabethbb • 07/22/2014
- Drink Up with a Made in America Tervis Tumbler • by elizabethbb • 07/21/2014