Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) comment on President Obama's jobs speech at ArcelorMittal, Cleveland today.
Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) President Scott Paul attended President Obama’s speech this afternoon at ArcelorMittal, Cleveland. He commented:
“Revitalizing American manufacturing is the best way to strengthen our middle class. The president clearly understands this. And while there are many distractions in Washington today, a jobs agenda shouldn’t be caught in the crossfire.
“There’s a lot that Congress can and should be doing to support manufacturing job creation. The president outlined a number of these proposals today, such as increasing the number of manufacturing innovation hubs, investing in vocational education, and enhancing industrial energy efficiency.
“The setting for his speech couldn’t have been better. The ArcelorMittal plant is highly productive and its steelworker workforce makes this possible.
“I hope the president can take this message all across the country. He offered a bold vision for growing 1 million manufacturing jobs during the last campaign. It’s going to take a lot of work to move us toward that goal. We look forward to working with the Administration and Congress on a pro-manufacturing agenda.”
Related recent Blogs
- Quote Of The Day: "It's time the administration stiffened its spine" on trade issues • by mmcmullan • 04/22/2014
- Foxx takes to the road to push for transportation fixes • by mmcmullan • 04/17/2014
- Obama vs. Bush: Who actually made more progress in revaluing China’s yuan? • by scapozzola • 04/16/2014
- Treasury decision on China currency will cost U.S. jobs: Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) Statement. • by scapozzola • 04/15/2014
- Gathered in the USA • by TGarland • 04/15/2014
- OPINION: Fix the vulnerable defense industrial base • by mmcmullan • 04/14/2014
- April 14, 2014: Opinions, opinions, and Peeps • by mmcmullan • 04/14/2014
- Fashion Friday: Accessorizing the American-made way • by LRaup • 04/11/2014
- Manufacturing Jobs & #EqualPay • by LRaup • 04/11/2014
- April 11, 2014: Cherry blossoms! • by mmcmullan • 04/11/2014