The Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) applauds Rep. Nick Rahall for introducing the Invest in American Jobs Act of 2011
The Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) commends Rep Nick Rahall (D-WV) for introducing the Invest in American Jobs Act of 2011. This bill will help improve our deteriorating infrastructure and create manufacturing jobs by strengthening Buy America requirements for transportation and infrastructure projects. Doing so will ensure that American companies and their workers have the first shot at supplying the steel, iron, and other manufactured goods that are used in these projects.
AAM applauds Rep. Rahall for introducing this common sense bill. Buy America is a proven job creation tool that is supported broadly in Congress, by the American people and by hundreds of local governments throughout the United States. This bill is a great step toward ensuring that Buy America provisions are utilized in the projects that will improve our infrastructure, create American jobs, and strengthen our industrial base.
Click here to read more.
Related recent Blogs
- President Obama visits Baltimore factory to promote infrastructure investment as a means of revitalizing the middle class • by LDonia • 05/17/2013
- Five reasons you should be concerned about the U.S. military's reliance on foreign manufacturers. • by LDonia • 05/16/2013
- Looking for a manufacturing job? Consider heading to one of these ten metro areas! • by mmcmullan • 05/16/2013
- National Retail Federation dismisses global safety plan for garment factories while Cambodian shoe factory collapses. • by LDonia • 05/16/2013
- OPINION: Aren't we better off buying safe, Made-in-USA products? • by scapozzola • 05/16/2013
- U.S. Senate Passes Water Resources Development Act (WRDA) with Buy America Amendment Included. • by scapozzola • 05/15/2013
- And the crystal ball says that U.S. manufacturing is going up/down/sideways... • by scapozzola • 05/15/2013
- Japan's currency moves are heating up a trade problem • by scapozzola • 05/15/2013
- Oregon construction group pushes for Made in America • by scapozzola • 05/14/2013
- Promise on the horizon for American solar • by mmcmullan • 05/14/2013