The Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) applauds Rep. Nick Rahall for introducing the Invest in American Jobs Act of 2011
The Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) commends Rep Nick Rahall (D-WV) for introducing the Invest in American Jobs Act of 2011. This bill will help improve our deteriorating infrastructure and create manufacturing jobs by strengthening Buy America requirements for transportation and infrastructure projects. Doing so will ensure that American companies and their workers have the first shot at supplying the steel, iron, and other manufactured goods that are used in these projects.
AAM applauds Rep. Rahall for introducing this common sense bill. Buy America is a proven job creation tool that is supported broadly in Congress, by the American people and by hundreds of local governments throughout the United States. This bill is a great step toward ensuring that Buy America provisions are utilized in the projects that will improve our infrastructure, create American jobs, and strengthen our industrial base.
Click here to read more.
Related recent Blogs
- Washington State Bridge Collapse Illustrates Perils of Failing Infrastructure. • by scapozzola • 05/24/2013
- Reps. Daniel Lipinski (D-IL) and Michael Grimm (R-NY) form new Congressional Public Transportation Caucus. • by scapozzola • 05/23/2013
- Homeland Security and Gov. Tom Ridge • by scapozzola • 05/23/2013
- CNBC: Is a Chinese construction firm benefiting from its Beijing connection? • by scapozzola • 05/23/2013
- VIDEO: Concerns about America's defense industrial base • by scapozzola • 05/22/2013
- CNBC: China investing in U.S. • by scapozzola • 05/22/2013
- In Indiana, ongoing concerns about subsidized auto parts from China and Japan • by scapozzola • 05/22/2013
- RADIO: AAM's Scott Paul on Leslie Marshall Radio Show, May 20, 2013 • by scapozzola • 05/21/2013
- Shoring up our security means addressing the China challenge • by mmcmullan • 05/20/2013
- Quote of the Day from Caterpillar's Doug Oberhelman • by LDonia • 05/20/2013