The Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) applauds Rep. Nick Rahall for introducing the Invest in American Jobs Act of 2011
The Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) commends Rep Nick Rahall (D-WV) for introducing the Invest in American Jobs Act of 2011. This bill will help improve our deteriorating infrastructure and create manufacturing jobs by strengthening Buy America requirements for transportation and infrastructure projects. Doing so will ensure that American companies and their workers have the first shot at supplying the steel, iron, and other manufactured goods that are used in these projects.
AAM applauds Rep. Rahall for introducing this common sense bill. Buy America is a proven job creation tool that is supported broadly in Congress, by the American people and by hundreds of local governments throughout the United States. This bill is a great step toward ensuring that Buy America provisions are utilized in the projects that will improve our infrastructure, create American jobs, and strengthen our industrial base.
Click here to read more.
Related recent Blogs
- The Big Three set the stage for a manufacturing renaissance • by TGarland • 12/10/2013
- Pharmaceutical companies' interests are covered in the TPP -- as for everyone else? Ehh ... • by mmcmullan • 12/09/2013
- A swing and a miss for Biden in Asia • by TGarland • 12/09/2013
- Kickstarting a manufacturing renaissance • by TGarland • 12/06/2013
- U.S. Manufacturing Gains 27,000 Jobs in November: Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) Statement. • by scapozzola • 12/06/2013
- Indiana manufacturing program expands • by TGarland • 12/05/2013
- Scott Paul: Keep skilled jobs for skilled workers in Washington • by mmcmullan • 12/05/2013
- A bad time to sideline trade talks • by mmcmullan • 12/04/2013
- Infrastructure investment means job creation • by TGarland • 12/04/2013
- China trade deficit on pace for new record, but will anyone notice? Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) Statement. • by scapozzola • 12/04/2013