AAM's Scott Paul interviewed on Illinois Radio Network
Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) Executive Director Scott Paul was interviewed today on the Illinois Radio Network. For an audience of 81,100 listeners across 50 local affiliates, Paul explained why nearly 100,000 jobs in the Illinois auto parts sector are at risk due to China's cheating.
Imports of Chinese auto parts have surged by 25 percent in the last two years. Paul explained that Beijing has pumped $27 billion of subsidies into its auto-parts sector, with an additional $10 billion planned. China also blocks U.S. exports of autos and auto parts while favoring its own industry, in direct violation of the commitments it made to free markets when it joined the World Trade Organization (WTO).
Related recent Blogs
- VIDEO: Concerns about America's defense industrial base • by scapozzola • 05/22/2013
- CNBC: China investing in U.S. • by scapozzola • 05/22/2013
- In Indiana, ongoing concerns about subsidized auto parts from China and Japan • by scapozzola • 05/22/2013
- RADIO: AAM's Scott Paul on Leslie Marshall Radio Show, May 20, 2013 • by scapozzola • 05/21/2013
- May 21, 2013 Headlines: Tensions with North Korea, a stronger WTO, and more. • by LRaup • 05/21/2013
- Shoring up our security means addressing the China challenge • by mmcmullan • 05/20/2013
- Quote of the Day from Caterpillar's Doug Oberhelman • by LDonia • 05/20/2013
- May 20, 2013 Headlines: Manufacturing & social media, growth of the U.S. economy, and more. • by LRaup • 05/20/2013
- President Obama visits Baltimore factory to promote infrastructure investment as a means of revitalizing the middle class • by LDonia • 05/17/2013
- May 17, 2013 Headlines: Strengthening our national security, focusing on jobs, and more. • by LRaup • 05/17/2013