AAM's Scott Paul Discusses the China "threat" tonight on MSNBC, 6:10 pm ET
A new CNN poll shows that a majority of the American people view China as a clear economic threat. Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) Executive Director Scott Paul will appear tonight at 6:10 pm ET on MSNBC's The Ed Show to discuss public perceptions on U.S.-China trade. Be sure to tune in.
Some key findings of CNN's Poll:
• A majority of Americans believe that China's growing economic strength is a threat to America, according to a CNN/Opinion Research poll conducted last week.
• Almost half of all Americans say that China is now an economic and military superpower and 58 percent believe China's strength is a threat to the U.S.
• "The number of Americans who see China as a threat has jumped 15 points, from 43% in 1997 to 58% now.
• And the number who say that China is a superpower has more than doubled - from 22% in 1997 to 46% today," says Keating Holland, CNN's Polling Director.
• Americans' trepidation isn't limited to trade with China.
• The poll also indicates that 50 percent of the nation see foreign trade as a threat to the U.S., compared to 41 percent who view it as an opportunity for economic growth.
Read more about the CNN poll.
Read more about the Ed Schultz Show.
Related recent Blogs
- VIDEO: Concerns about America's defense industrial base • by scapozzola • 05/22/2013
- CNBC: China investing in U.S. • by scapozzola • 05/22/2013
- In Indiana, ongoing concerns about subsidized auto parts from China and Japan • by scapozzola • 05/22/2013
- RADIO: AAM's Scott Paul on Leslie Marshall Radio Show, May 20, 2013 • by scapozzola • 05/21/2013
- May 21, 2013 Headlines: Tensions with North Korea, a stronger WTO, and more. • by LRaup • 05/21/2013
- Shoring up our security means addressing the China challenge • by mmcmullan • 05/20/2013
- Quote of the Day from Caterpillar's Doug Oberhelman • by LDonia • 05/20/2013
- May 20, 2013 Headlines: Manufacturing & social media, growth of the U.S. economy, and more. • by LRaup • 05/20/2013
- President Obama visits Baltimore factory to promote infrastructure investment as a means of revitalizing the middle class • by LDonia • 05/17/2013
- May 17, 2013 Headlines: Strengthening our national security, focusing on jobs, and more. • by LRaup • 05/17/2013