AAM photo caption contest: What are Obama and his trade team talking about?
Courtesy of official White House photog Pete Souza comes a photo of President Obama meeting with his administration's trade officials, presumably talking about the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) trade negotiations.
Here's the caption as Souza's got it: "President Barack Obama and Vice President Joe Biden meet with U.S. Trade Representative Mike Froman and Commerce Secretary Penny Pritzker in the Oval Office, Dec. 16, 2013."
... Yeah, that's factual. But a little dry? A little dry. So here's one I came up with:
'Yeah, Mr. President, I understand the letters from Congress have something to do with currency manipulation in the TPP. Yes, currency manip ... oh, forget it. Would you like to see this neat doodle of a dolphin I did? It's right here on my talking points.'
Got a good caption for President Obama's meeting with Mike Froman and the gang that have heretofore ignored the growing worries about a trade agreement that won't address currency manipulation and ultimately cost America jobs? Let us know!
Related recent Blogs
- More Exports Are Nice, but Let’s Not Forget about Surging Imports • by elizabethbb • 09/02/2014
- Budweiser Made in America Festival Lives Up to Its Name • by TGarland • 09/02/2014
- Labor Day Travel a Reminder Why We Need Infrastructure Investment • by elizabethbb • 08/29/2014
- Terri Lynn Land’s Transportation Plan is… Interesting • by elizabethbb • 08/28/2014
- Made in China: “A Mistake That Will Be Hard to Turn Around For Decades” • by elizabethbb • 08/27/2014
- American Workers Remind Us What Labor Day Is All About • by TGarland • 08/26/2014
- Burger King Brouhaha Shows Tax Reform Debate Will Be Potent • by mmcmullan • 08/26/2014
- The Fourth Option: A National Manufacturing Strategy • by mmcmullan • 08/25/2014
- ITC Finds South Korean Dumping of OCTG Pipe: Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) Statement. • by scapozzola • 08/22/2014
- Trade Data Pours Cold Water on "Rising Star" Outlook for American Manufacturing • by mmcmullan • 08/21/2014