AAM photo caption contest: What are Obama and his trade team talking about?
Courtesy of official White House photog Pete Souza comes a photo of President Obama meeting with his administration's trade officials, presumably talking about the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) trade negotiations.
Here's the caption as Souza's got it: "President Barack Obama and Vice President Joe Biden meet with U.S. Trade Representative Mike Froman and Commerce Secretary Penny Pritzker in the Oval Office, Dec. 16, 2013."
... Yeah, that's factual. But a little dry? A little dry. So here's one I came up with:
'Yeah, Mr. President, I understand the letters from Congress have something to do with currency manipulation in the TPP. Yes, currency manip ... oh, forget it. Would you like to see this neat doodle of a dolphin I did? It's right here on my talking points.'
Got a good caption for President Obama's meeting with Mike Froman and the gang that have heretofore ignored the growing worries about a trade agreement that won't address currency manipulation and ultimately cost America jobs? Let us know!
Related recent Blogs
- What good's a trade agreement if you don't enforce the on-the-books trade rules? • by mmcmullan • 03/11/2014
- A National Manufacturing Strategy could be the "be all, end all" for depressed wages • by LRaup • 03/11/2014
- A Boy Scout badge in advanced manufacturing? • by TGarland • 03/10/2014
- Donald Trump addresses CPAC crowds on key AAM issues • by LRaup • 03/07/2014
- It wasn't all weather: What's behind the weak manufacturing jobs report. • by admin • 03/07/2014
- A Berry good story on American-made footwear • by mmcmullan • 03/06/2014
- White House economic adviser Gene Sperling shares words of wisdom on his way out • by TGarland • 03/05/2014
- EPI: Address currency manipulation and you address the jobs deficit • by mmcmullan • 03/05/2014
- A first look at the president's budget proposal for 2015 • by mmcmullan • 03/04/2014
- The U.S. needs a stronger domestic supply chain in the event of an attack • by TGarland • 03/04/2014