AAM Panelist Beri Fox to Appear on The Colbert Report Tomorrow Night
Pictured here is Beri Fox, president of West Virginia-based Marble King Inc. Some of you will recognize Beri as an insighful panelist from the Alliance for American Manufacturing's (AAM) recent town hall meeting in Wheeling, WV.
As they say, out of the frying pan and into the fire...Following up on her AAM town hall appearance, Beri is scheduled to appear tomorrow night on Comedy Central's The Colbert Report at 11:30 pm ET.
Just what will Beri be telling the inimitable Mr. Colbert?
Beri runs a marble manufacturing company, and has watched her roster of employees shrink steadily due to subsidized competition from Chinese marble makers. In essence, she's losing her marbles--much like many Americans are losing their jobs.
It's not just The Colbert Report that is homing in on the subject of America's worrisome unemployment rate, though...
On Monday night, AAM gave interviews on both the ABC Evening News with Diane Sawyer and MSNBC's The Ed Show to talk about President Obama's trip to India. The question on everyone's mind is whether U.S. trade with India can prove to be a win-win, or if it will lead to further outsourcing of already scarce American jobs?
You can also watch archived videos of our town hall meetings.
Related recent Blogs
- VIDEO: Concerns about America's defense industrial base • by scapozzola • 05/22/2013
- CNBC: China investing in U.S. • by scapozzola • 05/22/2013
- In Indiana, ongoing concerns about subsidized auto parts from China and Japan • by scapozzola • 05/22/2013
- RADIO: AAM's Scott Paul on Leslie Marshall Radio Show, May 20, 2013 • by scapozzola • 05/21/2013
- May 21, 2013 Headlines: Tensions with North Korea, a stronger WTO, and more. • by LRaup • 05/21/2013
- Shoring up our security means addressing the China challenge • by mmcmullan • 05/20/2013
- Quote of the Day from Caterpillar's Doug Oberhelman • by LDonia • 05/20/2013
- May 20, 2013 Headlines: Manufacturing & social media, growth of the U.S. economy, and more. • by LRaup • 05/20/2013
- President Obama visits Baltimore factory to promote infrastructure investment as a means of revitalizing the middle class • by LDonia • 05/17/2013
- It's Fashion Friday, but NoCargo carries more than just American-made clothing! • by LDonia • 05/17/2013