AAM Moves on to Concord, NH tonight
The Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) brings its "Keep it Made in America" town hall tour to Concord, NH tonight.
In today's Concord Monitor, Matthew Spolar has written an excellent preview piece. Spolar says the town hall will "address issues like rebuilding the U.S. manufacturing industry and balancing trade with China."
Spolar also quotes AAM Executive Director Scott Paul: "A majority of likely voters say the United States no longer has the world's strongest economy and that Washington isn't doing enough to rebuild manufacturing. People are greatly concerned about our lost standing. They know China is overtaking us, and they want the United States to be number one again."
Paul will be joined at the event by Governor John Lynch, Rep. Carol Shea-Porter (D-NH-1), Ann McLane Kuster (2nd Congressional district NH Democratic candidate), and a video appearance from Rep. Paul Hodes (D-NH-2).
Related recent Blogs
- RADIO: AAM's Scott Paul on Leslie Marshall Radio Show, May 20, 2013 • by scapozzola • 05/21/2013
- Shoring up our security means addressing the China challenge • by mmcmullan • 05/20/2013
- Quote of the Day from Caterpillar's Doug Oberhelman • by LDonia • 05/20/2013
- President Obama visits Baltimore factory to promote infrastructure investment as a means of revitalizing the middle class • by LDonia • 05/17/2013
- Five reasons you should be concerned about the U.S. military's reliance on foreign manufacturers. • by LDonia • 05/16/2013
- Looking for a manufacturing job? Consider heading to one of these ten metro areas! • by mmcmullan • 05/16/2013
- National Retail Federation dismisses global safety plan for garment factories while Cambodian shoe factory collapses. • by LDonia • 05/16/2013
- OPINION: Aren't we better off buying safe, Made-in-USA products? • by scapozzola • 05/16/2013
- U.S. Senate Passes Water Resources Development Act (WRDA) with Buy America Amendment Included. • by scapozzola • 05/15/2013
- And the crystal ball says that U.S. manufacturing is going up/down/sideways... • by scapozzola • 05/15/2013