AAM Moves on to Concord, NH tonight
The Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) brings its "Keep it Made in America" town hall tour to Concord, NH tonight.
In today's Concord Monitor, Matthew Spolar has written an excellent preview piece. Spolar says the town hall will "address issues like rebuilding the U.S. manufacturing industry and balancing trade with China."
Spolar also quotes AAM Executive Director Scott Paul: "A majority of likely voters say the United States no longer has the world's strongest economy and that Washington isn't doing enough to rebuild manufacturing. People are greatly concerned about our lost standing. They know China is overtaking us, and they want the United States to be number one again."
Paul will be joined at the event by Governor John Lynch, Rep. Carol Shea-Porter (D-NH-1), Ann McLane Kuster (2nd Congressional district NH Democratic candidate), and a video appearance from Rep. Paul Hodes (D-NH-2).
Related recent Blogs
- Kickstarting a manufacturing renaissance • by TGarland • 12/06/2013
- U.S. Manufacturing Gains 27,000 Jobs in November: Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) Statement. • by scapozzola • 12/06/2013
- Indiana manufacturing program expands • by TGarland • 12/05/2013
- Scott Paul: Keep skilled jobs for skilled workers in Washington • by mmcmullan • 12/05/2013
- A bad time to sideline trade talks • by mmcmullan • 12/04/2013
- Infrastructure investment means job creation • by TGarland • 12/04/2013
- China trade deficit on pace for new record, but will anyone notice? Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) Statement. • by scapozzola • 12/04/2013
- What to do with abandoned factories? Bring in the artists! • by LDonia • 12/03/2013
- Surprise, surprise? Americans still say job creation should be top priority • by mmcmullan • 12/03/2013
- Fmr. Transportaion Secretary Ray LaHood urges infrastructure investment • by TGarland • 12/02/2013