AAM to host Capitol Hill press conference today on U.S. auto parts sector
The Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) will be hosting a press conference today, Tuesday, January 31, 2012, 10:45 am ET in Capitol Visitors Center, Room SVC 209.
The press conference will unveil three new reports released today that indicate that China's trade violations put 1.6 million jobs at risk In U.S. auto aupply chain. WTO violations also jeopardize the President’s blueprint for economic recovery.
Three separate reports being released Jan. 31. find that:
-More than 1.6 million U.S. auto parts jobs are at risk due to China's persistent violations of World Trade Organization (WTO) rules.
-More than 400,000 jobs in the U.S. auto supply chain have been lost since 2000 as a result of China’s predatory trade practices over the last decade,
-Unless China’s predatory trading practices are challenged by Washington, they pose a threat to the Obama Administration’s goal of a manufacturing recovery as outlined in the President’s State of the Union address.
What: Capitol Hill press conference to unveil these new reports.
When: 10:45 a.m. EST
Where: Capitol Visitors Center, Room SVC 209
• Senator Robert Casey (D-PA)
• Senator Sherrod Brown (D-OH)
• Senator Debbie Stabenow (D-MI)
• Rep. Sandy Levin (D-MI)
• Leo W. Gerard, President, United Steel Workers (USW)
• Scott Paul, Executive Director, Alliance for American Manufacturing
• Rob Scott, Director of Trade and Manufacturing Policy Research, Economic Policy Institute (EPI)
• Terence Stewart, Esq., Partner, Stewart and Stewart
• United Auto Workers Representative (TBD)
Related recent Blogs
- Shoring up our security means addressing the China challenge • by mmcmullan • 05/20/2013
- Quote of the Day from Caterpillar's Doug Oberhelman • by LDonia • 05/20/2013
- May 20, 2013 Headlines: Manufacturing & social media, growth of the U.S. economy, and more. • by LRaup • 05/20/2013
- President Obama visits Baltimore factory to promote infrastructure investment as a means of revitalizing the middle class • by LDonia • 05/17/2013
- It's Fashion Friday, but NoCargo carries more than just American-made clothing! • by LDonia • 05/17/2013
- May 17, 2013 Headlines: Strengthening our national security, focusing on jobs, and more. • by LRaup • 05/17/2013
- Five reasons you should be concerned about the U.S. military's reliance on foreign manufacturers. • by LDonia • 05/16/2013
- Looking for a manufacturing job? Consider heading to one of these ten metro areas! • by mmcmullan • 05/16/2013
- National Retail Federation dismisses global safety plan for garment factories while Cambodian shoe factory collapses. • by LDonia • 05/16/2013
- OPINION: Aren't we better off buying safe, Made-in-USA products? • by scapozzola • 05/16/2013