An AAM Field Report from Wisconsin
Field Coordinators Meghan McKeefry and Rachel Bennett Steury visited a Wisconsin business brewing up local pride. Great Dane Pub and Brewing Company is locally owned, with 3 different locations around the Madison area. While at the Wausau location, apprentice brewmaster and master reverse engineer Dan Weber gave Meghan and Rachel a tour of the brewing area of the facility. Dan started out working at the door but his experience in manufacturing engineering compelled him to transition to become a beer artist. Owner and brewmaster Rob Labreglio has perfected many brews, winning several mid-west and national awards for the Scotch Ale and Crop Circle Wheat brands. Great Dane takes pride in making local beer and uses local and domestic ingredients whenever possible.
Great Dane Pub and Brewing company gives new meaning to the term "domestic." Cheers.
Related recent Blogs
- Kickstarting a manufacturing renaissance • by TGarland • 12/06/2013
- U.S. Manufacturing Gains 27,000 Jobs in November: Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) Statement. • by scapozzola • 12/06/2013
- Indiana manufacturing program expands • by TGarland • 12/05/2013
- Scott Paul: Keep skilled jobs for skilled workers in Washington • by mmcmullan • 12/05/2013
- A bad time to sideline trade talks • by mmcmullan • 12/04/2013
- Infrastructure investment means job creation • by TGarland • 12/04/2013
- China trade deficit on pace for new record, but will anyone notice? Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) Statement. • by scapozzola • 12/04/2013
- What to do with abandoned factories? Bring in the artists! • by LDonia • 12/03/2013
- Surprise, surprise? Americans still say job creation should be top priority • by mmcmullan • 12/03/2013
- Fmr. Transportaion Secretary Ray LaHood urges infrastructure investment • by TGarland • 12/02/2013