An AAM Field Report from Wisconsin
Field Coordinators Meghan McKeefry and Rachel Bennett Steury visited a Wisconsin business brewing up local pride. Great Dane Pub and Brewing Company is locally owned, with 3 different locations around the Madison area. While at the Wausau location, apprentice brewmaster and master reverse engineer Dan Weber gave Meghan and Rachel a tour of the brewing area of the facility. Dan started out working at the door but his experience in manufacturing engineering compelled him to transition to become a beer artist. Owner and brewmaster Rob Labreglio has perfected many brews, winning several mid-west and national awards for the Scotch Ale and Crop Circle Wheat brands. Great Dane takes pride in making local beer and uses local and domestic ingredients whenever possible.
Great Dane Pub and Brewing company gives new meaning to the term "domestic." Cheers.
Related recent Blogs
- President Obama visits Baltimore factory to promote infrastructure investment as a means of revitalizing the middle class • by LDonia • 05/17/2013
- Five reasons you should be concerned about the U.S. military's reliance on foreign manufacturers. • by LDonia • 05/16/2013
- Looking for a manufacturing job? Consider heading to one of these ten metro areas! • by mmcmullan • 05/16/2013
- National Retail Federation dismisses global safety plan for garment factories while Cambodian shoe factory collapses. • by LDonia • 05/16/2013
- OPINION: Aren't we better off buying safe, Made-in-USA products? • by scapozzola • 05/16/2013
- U.S. Senate Passes Water Resources Development Act (WRDA) with Buy America Amendment Included. • by scapozzola • 05/15/2013
- And the crystal ball says that U.S. manufacturing is going up/down/sideways... • by scapozzola • 05/15/2013
- Japan's currency moves are heating up a trade problem • by scapozzola • 05/15/2013
- Oregon construction group pushes for Made in America • by scapozzola • 05/14/2013
- Promise on the horizon for American solar • by mmcmullan • 05/14/2013