AAM Closes its National Tour in Wausau, WI
The Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) brings its "Keep it Made in America" town hall tour to its final stop tonight in Wausau, WI.
In the Wausau Daily Herald, reporter Jake Miller previewed the town hall. Miller says the town hall meeting will "attempt to shed light on the importance of manufacturing to the local economy and allow attendees to question candidates and business leaders."
Miller also quotes AAM Executive Director Scott Paul on the key themes of the event: "We're going to make the argument that it's not inevitable that these jobs have to disappear. There are things that can be done in the private sector, but also at the government level."
Related recent Blogs
- RADIO: AAM's Scott Paul on Leslie Marshall Radio Show, May 20, 2013 • by scapozzola • 05/21/2013
- Shoring up our security means addressing the China challenge • by mmcmullan • 05/20/2013
- Quote of the Day from Caterpillar's Doug Oberhelman • by LDonia • 05/20/2013
- President Obama visits Baltimore factory to promote infrastructure investment as a means of revitalizing the middle class • by LDonia • 05/17/2013
- Five reasons you should be concerned about the U.S. military's reliance on foreign manufacturers. • by LDonia • 05/16/2013
- Looking for a manufacturing job? Consider heading to one of these ten metro areas! • by mmcmullan • 05/16/2013
- National Retail Federation dismisses global safety plan for garment factories while Cambodian shoe factory collapses. • by LDonia • 05/16/2013
- OPINION: Aren't we better off buying safe, Made-in-USA products? • by scapozzola • 05/16/2013
- U.S. Senate Passes Water Resources Development Act (WRDA) with Buy America Amendment Included. • by scapozzola • 05/15/2013
- And the crystal ball says that U.S. manufacturing is going up/down/sideways... • by scapozzola • 05/15/2013