80% in 25 Years
80% in 25 years. Thats the percentage of Americans that the new comprehensive plan for high-speed rail announced by Vice President Joe Biden will give access to high-speed rail in the next quarter century.
The Vice President made this announcement along with Secretary of Transportation Ray LaHood at 30th Street Station in Philadelphia. Vice President Biden said of the plan, which in the coming fiscal year would invest $8 billion in expanding Americans’ access to high-speed passenger rail service, that:
As President Obama said in his State of the Union, there are key places where we cannot afford to sacrifice as a nation - one of which is infrastructure. As a long time Amtrak rider and advocate, I understand the need to invest in a modern rail system that will help connect communities, reduce congestion and create quality, skilled manufacturing jobs that cannot be outsourced. This plan will help us to do that, while also increasing access to convenient high speed rail for more Americans.
The construction of a high-speed rail network in the United States will not only spur manufaturing and create jobs, but it will also help small businesses that will likely pop up in and around train stations across the country.
Related recent Blogs
- President Obama visits Baltimore factory to promote infrastructure investment as a means of revitalizing the middle class • by LDonia • 05/17/2013
- It's Fashion Friday, but NoCargo carries more than just American-made clothing! • by LDonia • 05/17/2013
- May 17, 2013 Headlines: Strengthening our national security, focusing on jobs, and more. • by LRaup • 05/17/2013
- Five reasons you should be concerned about the U.S. military's reliance on foreign manufacturers. • by LDonia • 05/16/2013
- Looking for a manufacturing job? Consider heading to one of these ten metro areas! • by mmcmullan • 05/16/2013
- National Retail Federation dismisses global safety plan for garment factories while Cambodian shoe factory collapses. • by LDonia • 05/16/2013
- OPINION: Aren't we better off buying safe, Made-in-USA products? • by scapozzola • 05/16/2013
- May 16, 2013 Headlines: factory collapses in Cambodia, U.S. retail industry dismisses plan for safer working conditions, & more • by LDonia • 05/16/2013
- U.S. Senate Passes Water Resources Development Act (WRDA) with Buy America Amendment Included. • by scapozzola • 05/15/2013
- And the crystal ball says that U.S. manufacturing is going up/down/sideways... • by scapozzola • 05/15/2013