5 takeaways from #SOSJobs Lone Star Rally
Today, the Alliance for American Manufacturing 9AAM) joined citizens, workers, and state and federal legislators in Texas to rally in support of steel jobs at U.S. Steel’s Lone Star Tubular Operations facility.
The products produced there –- called oil country tubular goods (OCTG) –- are used for energy exploration. OCTG provides the infrastructure for America’s boom in oil and natural gas production. You could even say it’s underpinning America’s shift to energy independence.
But America’s domestic producers of OCTG are in danger of being swamped by illegal competition. By dumping their OCTG products in the American market at prices far below fair value, overseas producers are putting America’s steel jobs at risk.
1. A crowd of 1,000+ Texans showed up today in Lone Star to stand with us and urge our government to save our steel jobs.
2. Rep. Ralph Hall reminded Texans why it’s important to keep the pressure on the Department of Commerce.
3. Texas State Representative Dave Simpson knows that when the rules are enforced and the playing field is level, U.S. workers can compete and win.
4. United Steelworker Chad Wilson reminds us that this isn’t politics, it’s about jobs.
5. Local business leaders and students know that this trade case puts jobs at risk inside and outside the factory gates.
Why rally today? "This mill is the lifeblood of our community," says WOI Petroleum, Inc. owner Aaron Nilsson. #SOSJobs— AAM (@KeepitMadeinUSA) June 2, 2014
Related recent Blogs
- Labor Day Travel a Reminder Why We Need Infrastructure Investment • by elizabethbb • 08/29/2014
- Terri Lynn Land’s Transportation Plan is… Interesting • by elizabethbb • 08/28/2014
- Made in China: “A Mistake That Will Be Hard to Turn Around For Decades” • by elizabethbb • 08/27/2014
- American Workers Remind Us What Labor Day Is All About • by TGarland • 08/26/2014
- Burger King Brouhaha Shows Tax Reform Debate Will Be Potent • by mmcmullan • 08/26/2014
- The Fourth Option: A National Manufacturing Strategy • by mmcmullan • 08/25/2014
- ITC Finds South Korean Dumping of OCTG Pipe: Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) Statement. • by scapozzola • 08/22/2014
- Trade Data Pours Cold Water on "Rising Star" Outlook for American Manufacturing • by mmcmullan • 08/21/2014
- U.S. Named Among “Rising Global Stars” in Manufacturing • by elizabethbb • 08/20/2014
- If America Won’t Invest in America’s Infrastructure, China Will • by elizabethbb • 08/19/2014