The 2010 "Keep it Made in America" Town Hall Tour Kicks Off on Tuesday!
Want Washington to focus on jobs? So do we. Next Tuesday, AAM will launch the 2010 "Keep it Made in America" Town Hall Tour.
The tour will kick off in Hartford, CT, followed by stops in Jackson, MI, Lorain, OH and Wheeling, WV in the first week.
Next year, economic forecasters predict that America will lose its #1 global ranking in manufacturing for the first time in 110 years. That's right, China is projected to surpass the U.S. in manufacturing in 2011. American manufacturing has already suffered its worst decade on record with more than 5 million jobs lost, skyrocketing trade deficits with China, 50,000 shuttered factories, and a drop in output. Our leaders in Washington need to understand that without manufacturing, there can be no economic recovery.
We are determined to make American manufacturing and jobs Washington's #1 priority.
Not able to make it? We'll have plenty of coverage of the tour here on ManufactureThis in the coming weeks.
Related recent Blogs
- QOTD: AAM President Scott Paul talks young workers in manufacturing • by TGarland • 12/19/2013
- December 19, 2013: New gig for Baucus? • by mmcmullan • 12/19/2013
- Missed our #ShopAmerica twitter chat? We've got you covered! • by LDonia • 12/18/2013
- ITC made the right call on hot-rolled steel imports • by mmcmullan • 12/18/2013
- WE ARE ... made in Pennsylvania • by TGarland • 12/18/2013
- December 18, 2013: Selling the trade agenda • by mmcmullan • 12/18/2013
- #ShopAmerica: From handbags and dress shoes to tires and paintball -- an assortment of #MadeinUSA gift ideas • by LDonia • 12/17/2013
- ITC Rules in Favor of America's Steel Industry: Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) Statement • by scapozzola • 12/17/2013
- AAM photo caption contest: What are Obama and his trade team talking about? • by mmcmullan • 12/17/2013
- New report shows manufacturing is rebounding, but could use a legislative leg up • by LDonia • 12/17/2013