“I hiked the Grand Canyon and all I got was a keychain made in China.”
When the souvenir stores in America’s national parks sell mostly Made in China trinkets, who loses?
“All of us,” says Wendy Rosen, founder of the American Made Alliance. Rosen will travel to the Grand Canyon on Memorial Day Weekend to lead a demonstration calling on National Park Service concession stores to carry more authentic American-made products.
National Park Service concessioners have won the privilege to do business on federal land, but they have turned their backs on hundreds of American and Native American enterprises that desperately need manufacturing work to sustain families and communities. At a time when unemployment for these entrepreneurs is at a record high, and some tribal unemployment has reached 50 percent, National Park concessions could be creating jobs by putting authentic American-made merchandise on their store shelves.
The demonstration is sponsored by the non-profit American Made Alliance, a trade group that works to open new market opportunities for American-made products; preserve the authenticity of American-made goods; prevent fraud regarding country of origin; and inform legislators and consumers about the importance of and economic impact of supporting American-made products and their producers.
Related recent Blogs
- More Exports Are Nice, but Let’s Not Forget about Surging Imports • by elizabethbb • 09/02/2014
- Budweiser Made in America Festival Lives Up to Its Name • by TGarland • 09/02/2014
- Labor Day Travel a Reminder Why We Need Infrastructure Investment • by elizabethbb • 08/29/2014
- Terri Lynn Land’s Transportation Plan is… Interesting • by elizabethbb • 08/28/2014
- Made in China: “A Mistake That Will Be Hard to Turn Around For Decades” • by elizabethbb • 08/27/2014
- American Workers Remind Us What Labor Day Is All About • by TGarland • 08/26/2014
- Burger King Brouhaha Shows Tax Reform Debate Will Be Potent • by mmcmullan • 08/26/2014
- The Fourth Option: A National Manufacturing Strategy • by mmcmullan • 08/25/2014
- ITC Finds South Korean Dumping of OCTG Pipe: Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) Statement. • by scapozzola • 08/22/2014
- Trade Data Pours Cold Water on "Rising Star" Outlook for American Manufacturing • by mmcmullan • 08/21/2014