A ‘sweet’ deal for Topeka, KS: New M&M’s and Snickers factory to create 200 manufacturing jobs
Construction of a new Topeka, Kansas plant began this week, and the $250 million facility will be completed in 2013. The plant will house production of M&M’s and Snickers bars, and will lead to the creation of 200 new full-time jobs.
Mars North America president Todd Lachman told the Washington Business Journal’s Jeff Clabaugh that the “new site represents Mars’ commitment to manufacturing in the United States for the U.S. market,” and that they are “proud to create jobs in America’s heartland and are honored to partner with the Topeka community for years to come.”
We’re thrilled with the news that Mars will be producing more of its iconic candy bars that have been beloved by generations of Americans on U.S. soil. The opening of this new factory is clearly a "sweet" deal for Mars, the city of Topeka, and the hundreds of Americans who will be employed at the facility.
Related recent Blogs
- May 16, 2013 Headlines: factory collapses in Cambodia, U.S. retail industry dismisses plan for safer working conditions, & more • by LDonia • 05/16/2013
- U.S. Senate Passes Water Resources Development Act (WRDA) with Buy America Amendment Included. • by scapozzola • 05/15/2013
- Oregon construction group pushes for Made in America • by scapozzola • 05/14/2013
- Promise on the horizon for American solar • by mmcmullan • 05/14/2013
- May 14, 2013 Headlines: Redefining success, building Amtrak, banning Tesla, and more... • by LDonia • 05/14/2013
- New American-made locomotives unveiled. • by scapozzola • 05/13/2013
- Members of Congress Press for "Buy America" Steel Preferences in Transportation, Defense, and Homeland Projects. • by scapozzola • 05/02/2013
- When taxpayer dollars are spent overseas... • by scapozzola • 04/30/2013
- WATCH LIVE: House Whip Steny Hoyer unveils 'Make it in America' Agenda • by scapozzola • 04/09/2013
- Maryland Passes Buy American Bill • by scapozzola • 04/09/2013