A ‘sweet’ deal for Topeka, KS: New M&M’s and Snickers factory to create 200 manufacturing jobs
Construction of a new Topeka, Kansas plant began this week, and the $250 million facility will be completed in 2013. The plant will house production of M&M’s and Snickers bars, and will lead to the creation of 200 new full-time jobs.
Mars North America president Todd Lachman told the Washington Business Journal’s Jeff Clabaugh that the “new site represents Mars’ commitment to manufacturing in the United States for the U.S. market,” and that they are “proud to create jobs in America’s heartland and are honored to partner with the Topeka community for years to come.”
We’re thrilled with the news that Mars will be producing more of its iconic candy bars that have been beloved by generations of Americans on U.S. soil. The opening of this new factory is clearly a "sweet" deal for Mars, the city of Topeka, and the hundreds of Americans who will be employed at the facility.
Related recent Blogs
- Terri Lynn Land’s Transportation Plan is… Interesting • by elizabethbb • 08/28/2014
- Senate Buy America bill introduced: Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) statement • by scapozzola • 08/05/2014
- Infrastructure is the “Biggest Economic Incentive for Any Community or Any State." • by elizabethbb • 08/05/2014
- Candidate Watch: We Need a Few More Details, Terri Lynn Land • by elizabethbb • 07/29/2014
- Highlights from AAM's Trip to Detroit for Netroots Nation 2014 • by elizabethbb • 07/23/2014
- Back From Detroit, Eyes on Washington • by elizabethbb • 07/21/2014
- President Obama proposes public-private infrastructure initiative: Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) statement. • by scapozzola • 07/17/2014
- Let’s Build a Bridge and Fix the Highway Trust Fund • by elizabethbb • 07/15/2014
- Ignore the Hype: We Aren’t Even Close to Declaring a Manufacturing Victory • by elizabethbb • 06/20/2014
- White House Maker Faire Promotes Manfacturing Innovators — Let's Get Serious About Helping Them Succeed • by elizabethbb • 06/18/2014