Senators Take Action to Punish Currency Manipulators
Sen. Sherrod Brown (D-OH) and Sen. Jeff Sessions (R-AL) introduced the Currency Exchange Rate Oversight Reform Act to reform and enhance oversight of currency exchange rates. The bill would use U.S. trade law to punish countries such as China that cause economic harm to U.S. manufacturers and workers by manipulating its currency.
We believe it is time to develop a comprehensive national strategy for fighting currency manipulation and leveling the playing field for American workers and businesses.…We believe our bill, the Currency Exchange Rate Oversight Reform Act, is a critical component of any national effort to address China’s currency manipulation, and we will push for a vote on it in Congress this year.
To date, 20 senators have joined Brown and Sessions.
Why? Research suggests that ending global currency manipulation could create millions of jobs in the American economy. Tell your senators to get tough on China’s currency manipulation.
Northeast: Connecticut: Sen. Christopher S. Murphy; Maine: Sen. Susan M. Collins, Sen. Angus S. King Jr.; New York: Sen. Charles E. Schumer; Pennsylvania: Sen. Robert P. Casey Jr.; Rhode Island: Sen. Jack Reed, Sen. Sheldon Whitehouse; Vermont: Sen. Bernard Sanders.
South: Alabama: Sen. Jeff Sessions; Georgia: Sen. Saxby Chambliss; North Carolina: Sen. Richard Burr, Sen. Kay Hagan; South Carolina: Sen. Lindsey Graham; West Virginia: Sen. Joe Manchin, Sen. John D. Rockefeller.
Midwest: Indiana: Sen. Joe Donnelly; Michigan: Sen. Carl Levin, Sen. Debbie Stabenow; Ohio: Sen. Sherrod Brown; Wisconsin: Sen. Tammy Baldwin.
Related recent Blogs
- Candidate Watch: We Need a Few More Details, Terri Lynn Land • by elizabethbb • 07/29/2014
- Fact Check: Standing Up Against Unfair Trade, Kentucky Edition • by TGarland • 07/25/2014
- Strengthened Workforce Training is Great — and We Can Do More • by elizabethbb • 07/23/2014
- Americans Want Trade Agreements that Do Not Undermine Manufacturing Jobs, New Poll Finds • by TGarland • 07/23/2014
- Highlights from AAM's Trip to Detroit for Netroots Nation 2014 • by elizabethbb • 07/23/2014
- Toxic Fast Food: Just the Latest Scandal Involving Made-in-China Products. • by elizabethbb • 07/22/2014
- Foxx Calls on Congress to Pass Long-Term Fix to the Highway Trust Fund • by TGarland • 07/21/2014
- President Obama proposes public-private infrastructure initiative: Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) statement. • by scapozzola • 07/17/2014
- We’re Live From Netroots Nation! • by elizabethbb • 07/17/2014
- So Much For Promises: China's Manipulating Its Currency, Again • by mmcmullan • 07/17/2014