Senators Take Action to Punish Currency Manipulators
Sen. Sherrod Brown (D-OH) and Sen. Jeff Sessions (R-AL) introduced the Currency Exchange Rate Oversight Reform Act to reform and enhance oversight of currency exchange rates. The bill would use U.S. trade law to punish countries such as China that cause economic harm to U.S. manufacturers and workers by manipulating its currency.
We believe it is time to develop a comprehensive national strategy for fighting currency manipulation and leveling the playing field for American workers and businesses.…We believe our bill, the Currency Exchange Rate Oversight Reform Act, is a critical component of any national effort to address China’s currency manipulation, and we will push for a vote on it in Congress this year.
To date, 20 senators have joined Brown and Sessions.
Why? Research suggests that ending global currency manipulation could create millions of jobs in the American economy. Tell your senators to get tough on China’s currency manipulation.
Northeast: Connecticut: Sen. Christopher S. Murphy; Maine: Sen. Susan M. Collins, Sen. Angus S. King Jr.; New York: Sen. Charles E. Schumer; Pennsylvania: Sen. Robert P. Casey Jr.; Rhode Island: Sen. Jack Reed, Sen. Sheldon Whitehouse; Vermont: Sen. Bernard Sanders.
South: Alabama: Sen. Jeff Sessions; Georgia: Sen. Saxby Chambliss; North Carolina: Sen. Richard Burr, Sen. Kay Hagan; South Carolina: Sen. Lindsey Graham; West Virginia: Sen. Joe Manchin, Sen. John D. Rockefeller.
Midwest: Indiana: Sen. Joe Donnelly; Michigan: Sen. Carl Levin, Sen. Debbie Stabenow; Ohio: Sen. Sherrod Brown; Wisconsin: Sen. Tammy Baldwin.
Related recent Blogs
- More Exports Are Nice, but Let’s Not Forget about Surging Imports • by elizabethbb • 09/02/2014
- Budweiser Made in America Festival Lives Up to Its Name • by TGarland • 09/02/2014
- Labor Day Travel a Reminder Why We Need Infrastructure Investment • by elizabethbb • 08/29/2014
- Terri Lynn Land’s Transportation Plan is… Interesting • by elizabethbb • 08/28/2014
- Made in China: “A Mistake That Will Be Hard to Turn Around For Decades” • by elizabethbb • 08/27/2014
- American Workers Remind Us What Labor Day Is All About • by TGarland • 08/26/2014
- Burger King Brouhaha Shows Tax Reform Debate Will Be Potent • by mmcmullan • 08/26/2014
- The Fourth Option: A National Manufacturing Strategy • by mmcmullan • 08/25/2014
- ITC Finds South Korean Dumping of OCTG Pipe: Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) Statement. • by scapozzola • 08/22/2014
- Trade Data Pours Cold Water on "Rising Star" Outlook for American Manufacturing • by mmcmullan • 08/21/2014